Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Playing it cool

Today we moved the chili pivot again. Nathan dutifully unhooked the pipes.


As he did, the inevitable residual water appeared. No big deal.



And then, as I watched the residual water pool form, I saw a tiny eye and nostril frantically swimming, attempting to escape said pool.

I could have played it cool. I could have ignored the tiny eye and nostril and gone on to help Nathan.

But I didn't. Instead I started shrieking. Snake! Snake!! It’s a snake!! I might also have jumped up and down a wee bit.

Turned out I was wrong. It wasn't a snake. It was this little fellow.


Poor thing probably had a heart attack because of the giant, jumping, screeching mammal less than five feet from it. 

We think it's a kangaroo mouse. You know, since we've lived here so long and studied the complete spectrum of flora and fauna.

Regardless, he dried off and scampered away. Either that or, as Nathan so carefully pointed out, was eaten by a hawk. 

Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny for words! Bet that mouse will think twice before looking for water!

    ReplyDelete