Thursday, March 10, 2011

Quotable

I've been reading The Dirty Life, a memoir of another couple's farming adventures. Hands down, it's wonderful and highly recommended, but one line in particular arrested me today.

"It's never the way you think it'll be [this farming life], . . . Not as perfect as you hope or as scary as you fear."






As we sprint from urgent priority to really super critical to potentially threatening and then back again, this brings me great comfort. It's neither as perfect as I'd hoped--that trailer still needs painting--nor as scary as I'd feared. At the end of another fifteen hour day, with no prospect of a break on the horizon, with all the unknowns, undone's and uncertainties still before us, I'd choose this path again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment