Monday, April 25, 2011

Bird in the barn

Over the weekend I gave my husband the day off. Generous, isn't it?

The man has been pulling double duty with me still in the sickly way. Working all hours of the night and day repairing things, babysitting pivots, the usual stuff. He needed a break. So I drove out to the farm twice to do the necessary checks.

What I discovered on checking the barn was a bird inside. Another first.


* The picture is for illustration purposes only. I didn't get a picture of the bird . . . nor does the barn look this clean anymore.

I opened both oversized garage doors in my attempt to woo him back outside. But instead of helping, it just made him flutter more furiously toward the skylight windows. He wanted nothing to do with freedom unless it was through those windows.

It made me wonder how often I do the same thing: seeing only one way to achieve my objective rather than being open to other possibilities. I think magic is at its most playful in those other possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment