Thursday, April 7, 2011

One vine at a time

Each day the trellis system expands a few more rows. I'm told the process will take about a month to complete.


I can't tell you how impressed I am with these trellising and milk-cartoning and wiring crews. It's hot. It's been particularly windy this week. There's sand blowing in their eyes and ears, and gritty dirt in their teeth. And it's not like they can skip a vine or two should they get tired or frustrated.

Each t-post, each bamboo stick, each milk carton--they must all be properly installed and wired one at a time. If a vine was mis-spaced during planting, they fix that too. Then repeat 51,000 times.


Um, that's a seriously large task. I think my imaginary ADD would have kicked in by now and I'd be off chasing butterflies with Mayim. 

To you hard-working guys: Kudos. Your persistence and attention to detail are paying off. It's looking great! 

We now owe you some really big cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment