Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Farming: Not OSHA approved

There is a lot about this farming way of life I'm pretty confident OSHA would not approve. Like this for instance.


And though I do gasp now and again in startled wonder, I also hear some pretty hilarious stories from yesteryear.

For example: A new friend was recently telling us when she and her brother were growing up, they used to jump out of airplanes. Now I've done that too, but this was completely different. There was no parachute involved for these two. They jumped out of a flying crop duster onto sand dunes, and then proceeded to roll down them. For fun. She said they did endure a bit of "dune" rash--and that her mother was never ever told--but they survived just fine. 

It reminds me of my parents' lecture from high school. They said if I ever went skydiving, they didn't want to know about it ahead of time. I now totally get that sentiment. 

Baby girl: just tell me about it afterwards. Well that, and get a few snapshots in for posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment