Friday, February 17, 2012

House particulars

The carpenters tell me they'll be finished by Tuesday of next week. With. Every. Last. Detail. (Well, mostly. They'll have to come back and install all the cabinet doors once those come in.)

The vent hood is up! I'm pretty sure I squealed when I saw it. The carpenter created it from another sketch. Now I know it's not everyone's taste but man am I in love.



If it's not completely obvious, the overall design vision for the house is a quaint vineyard cottage. Simple. Modest. With careful attention to detail and plenty of (to-be-painted) beadboard. 

The interior doors.


They bring a smile to my face every time.

The painters are on tap next, followed by the return of the plumber and electrician. Six weeks and two days to go. Not that I'm counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment